- Domestic (943)
- Foreign Policy and International (351)
- Uncategorized (71)
Tag Archives: radical islam
Interesting article about the beginnings of a more mature outlook on combat operations in S Asia by the Trump administration.
- The Geneva Conventions and the “Laws of War”, which we use to set our Rules of Engagement, were designed BY Europeans FOR wars AMONG Europeans. No one else ever has paid them any attention.
- Those demanding limiting the American military to the above are demanding monocultural constraints on Western forces when engaging non-Western “multicultural” enemies who do not recognize Western constraints. This is an absurdity.
- “Multiculturalists” demanding Western rules of war against non-Westerners are projecting Western morals onto non-Western
So… I read today that Obama ended the “American Century,” and Trump is bringing it back…
What to say, what to say. …
The “American Century” concept arose because we kicked ass in two wars, saved Europe with the Marshall Plan, protected it with NATO, and rose to enormous economic power.
Let’s unpack that:
Had by 1917 already arrived at a stalemate between continental Great Powers. Had it been left alone, a rather normal conditional peace likely would have broken out, the Germans and the French, enemies since the Goths sacked Gaul and Rome, would have traded a few […]
This is an excellent column re: Why we can’t negotiate with ISIS. It’s in a center-left magazine, Atlantic. The final sentence – should – launch a broad investigation of strategy and goals, because it is exactly correct:
“If ISIS remains true to its principles, that’s also the reason the world can accept nothing less than the group’s full defeat.” (Emphasis mine.)
With the goal thus defined and defended, the strategic question becomes, “At what cost?” And, of course, two answers exist:
- The cost of tens of thousands of educated kids from Western Liberal democratic nations who have been
Take the long view re: Belgium.
The Kaiser chose the short road to Paris in 1914, in another of the Franco-Prussian wars, ignoring Belgium’s neutrality. This led directly to the entry of the British into WW1, which led to America’s foolish entry, as well.
WW1 begat the fall of the Ottoman Empire, the British and French partitioning of the Middle East and South Asia, the rise of the USSR, Weimar, NAZIs, WW2, PRC, DPRK, Korean War, Vietnam, Cold War, Modern Islamist terror, Kuwait, 9-11, the Intifadas, Afghanistan, Iraq, Hamas, PLO, Syria, ISIS…. and now, the bloodiest century in […]