- Domestic (952)
- Foreign Policy and International (353)
- Uncategorized (72)
Tag Archives: Khomeini
Ike spent his presidency fighting against his own Pentagon because he didn’t want a huge conventional military to go adventuring. He knew modern war as no one else did, or likely ever will again, and saw no point in wasting lives or treasure on foolish adventurism, & told our enemies to stand down or get nuked. They stood down. He hated CIA and, after the U2 shoot down, never again spoke to them. He warned us about the Military-Industrial-Complex when he left.
To say we didn’t listen is the understatement of the post-Enlightenment Age.
Nixon likely would not have intervened […]
Think about Syria this way:
- If Obama really were worried about women & kids in Syria, he’d have done something two years ago when he could have made a difference.
- If Obama really believed in “international norms” he’d tee this up to UNSC and abide by their – international – decision, not wave them off like he did from St Petersburg in true neocon fashion.
- SO… this is demonstrably NOT about “messages” or “international” norms or “kids.”
OK – what IS it about?
- What did he accomplish in Libya? The removal of an authoritarian leader who had kept the