- Domestic (937)
- Foreign Policy and International (347)
- Uncategorized (70)
Tag Archives: Carter
So… I read today that Obama ended the “American Century,” and Trump is bringing it back…
What to say, what to say. …
The “American Century” concept arose because we kicked ass in two wars, saved Europe with the Marshall Plan, protected it with NATO, and rose to enormous economic power.
Let’s unpack that:
Had by 1917 already arrived at a stalemate between continental Great Powers. Had it been left alone, a rather normal conditional peace likely would have broken out, the Germans and the French, enemies since the Goths sacked Gaul and Rome, would have traded a few […]
What better way to undermine Liberty and create a Police State than to get the citizens so scared that they demand to give up Liberty and the Rule of Law on their own? What do you think the Patriot Act was all about?
Did we spy on ourselves to defeat Germany and Japan? No. We went to war and beat the crap out of them with Rules Of Engagement that – wait for it […]
In 1980 when the American voter began the generation-long rejection of the liberal wing of the Democrat Party as Reagan resoundingly defeated Carter, receiving the highest number of electoral votes ever won by a non-incumbent presidential candidate, it was in large part because of the failure of Carter and his Progressive ideologues at the UN to understand history and the way in which the real world works.
But a point must be made that is […]
Assad may again be gassing the locals. What to do about it?
The US overthrowing local strongmen (a bipartisan effort that made everything worse: Saddam, Ghaddafi, Mubarak, and one more) in the naïve Western belief / projection that these autocracies would become liberal democracies is the root of nearly all global fighting. The tap root of global islamist terror comes from the same seed: Carter (D) enabling the overthrow of the Shah – and the return of Khomeini and sharia to the world. Why? Carter looked into his eyes and saw a “Man of God.” Carter just failed to ask, […]
Think about Syria this way:
- If Obama really were worried about women & kids in Syria, he’d have done something two years ago when he could have made a difference.
- If Obama really believed in “international norms” he’d tee this up to UNSC and abide by their – international – decision, not wave them off like he did from St Petersburg in true neocon fashion.
- SO… this is demonstrably NOT about “messages” or “international” norms or “kids.”
OK – what IS it about?
- What did he accomplish in Libya? The removal of an authoritarian leader who had kept the