- Domestic (933)
- Foreign Policy and International (344)
- Uncategorized (70)
- That Guy July 21, 2017
- Here Comes Another Dumb War We’ll Refuse To Win July 5, 2017
- They Are Killing Us Now June 24, 2017
- Crossroads. The Near and Far Enemies – and Our Future June 8, 2017
- Memorial Day 2017 May 29, 2017
Tag Archives: Bush43
When one takes the long look of history, two errors of Western Civilization stand out above all others.
The first, US entry into WW1, birthed the USSR, Weimar Republic, NAZIs, WW2 ETO, Red China, Cold War, Korea & Vietnam, and Left hundreds of millions dead.
The second, Kuwait, with a familial epilogue of Afghanistan & Iraq, destroyed S Asia & the Middle East, created the largest immigration outside of war in human history and is in the process of destroying European civilization and attacking America.
Both of these mistakes were by individuals insisting on defining the roles of other nations […]
What better way to undermine Liberty and create a Police State than to get the citizens so scared that they demand to give up Liberty and the Rule of Law on their own? What do you think the Patriot Act was all about?
Did we spy on ourselves to defeat Germany and Japan? No. We went to war and beat the crap out of them with Rules Of Engagement that – wait for it […]
GOP voters need to take a step back and give more than a knee-jerk response to criticism of Bush as CINC, and whether he “kept us safe.”
Whether or not you supported Bush, and I did at the time, going to war WAS “Bush’s fault.” And it also was his fault that our troops were in Iraq twice as long as WW2, spent the same amount of money ($4T) in constant $ as it took to defeat the two largest & most modern militaries in history, simultaneously, across the entire planet on the land, in the air and on & […]
We can wring our hands and blame one another and point fingers all we want, but people need to face reality regarding the Middle East and South Asia.
- With Obama’s “deal,” Iran will develop nuclear weapons.
- The only way to avoid a nuclear exchange between either Iran and Israel, or between Iran and Saudi Arabia (or Iran and any Sunni country who has nukes (Pakistan) or who can buy them (from Pakistan, DPRK, Russia??)) will be for Israel either to make a nuclear strike on Fordow (too deep for any conventional attack), or – perhaps – an EMP strike over
An often-made point on my blog is the negative effect of the Baby Boomer generation, that generation born between 1945 and 1964, on society generally. Speech Codes started with the once-Free-Speech Boomer cohort, evolving to be codes requiring un-free speech. The entire factory of empathy for enemies & criminals has grown from them, as has the ridiculousness of going to “war” and not killing our enemies – a GOP/Dem joint protocol that did not start with Baby Boomers, but which has been perfected by Boomer presidents of both parties in Bush43 and Obama.
Look around at the nonsense being peddled […]