- Domestic (924)
- Foreign Policy and International (333)
- Uncategorized (70)
Category Archives: Politics
In California yesterday, following formal secession from the United States on 1 JAN 2019, the following major events were reported:
- Gasoline rose to $30.00 per gallon as California terminated all drilling in the State due to environmental concerns. Major oil companies closed their refineries in the Bay Area and Los Angeles at the order of the State EPA. Major service station chains agreed to provide gasoline to CA drivers at $15.00 per gallon at mega-stations under construction in AZ, OR and NV. Much of the price increase, per the oil companies, is to offset the losses of company refineries and
Having grown up and lived in SoCal nearly all of my 62 years, and having made a few trips to Mexico (camping in Baja, hotelling in Acapulco, day trips to Tijuana & Mexicali), it has always bothered me that the country is so corrupt, backward, illiterate and crime-ridden. There is no excuse for it.
The Mexican illegals with whom the American Middle Class comes into contact are, for the most part, hardworking men & women. The guy standing at the end of the freeway off-ramp selling oranges or cherries or flowers is never a white guy or a black guy […]
Americans need to understand the franchise to make an effective argument about its integrity. The comments in social media and elsewhere indicate that we don’t.
The Constitution does not require voters to be citizens; the voter franchise – other than obstacles such as listed in the 14th Amendment – is left to the States in Art 1, Sec 4. Requiring citizenship for enfranchisement in national elections (Congress, president) would require an amendment; this amendment, to be effective, must include VoterID for national elections, and – more than likely – a national voter database, currently anathema to conservatives and libertarians. (And […]
Half of America hates Americanism.
- Want to maximize illegals. Why: Apportionment. Political power.
- Want to maximize muslim immigration. Why: Making us less-safe will increase our willingness to sacrifice liberty for security (especially true for Republicans as only we have children to worry about). Political power.
- Want to maximize welfare & food stamp recipients. Why: Maximizing the entitlement voter. Political power.
- Want to lie to the voters. Why: Their policies cannot pass on the merits (else, why bother?). Political power.
- Want to blame failures on others. Why: Accepting blame means acknowledging programs suck. Political power.
- Want to stop any and
American culture began its precipitous decline when post-secondary education became disinterested in Western Civilization, which only can be learned and understood, and from which we only can understand who we are and how we got here – and why we chose the direction we chose, through the Humanities.
The adults allowed this because their Baby Boomer kiddies in 1968 rebelled at hard work of scholarship and occupied the administrative offices instead of studying in the libraries, and the “Greatest Generation” gave up on their get – who now are trashing the planet – witness Obama, Kerry, Democrat voters, the Far […]