Rand again is filibustering again, again in defense of things no one who has taken the oath of office should find the opportunity, let alone the need, to filibuster – our Rights as American citizens as enumerated in the Bill of Rights – the Supreme Law of the Land.
That’s fine and dandy, and I completely support his doing so.
But he’s missing the point.
The Establishment pols in both the Progressive Democrat wing and the Progressive Republican wing of the Ruling Class demand that we spy on all Americans because we are at war and their primary job is to keep American citizens safe. Playing to the bedwetters who think that the government can do anything it wants, unconstrained by the Rule of Law, as long as they tell us we are in danger, these pols feel perfectly free to ignore our Constitution in the pretense of a executing a war they refuse to try to win.
We have been formally “at war” with pre-modern islamofascists in the Middle East and South Asia since 2001, in Iraq since 2003. Taking just Iraq, that’s 12 years, or 3 times longer to reach what is at best a stalemate and realistically a loss with a bunch of rag-head, illiterate, barbaric, unorganized ground troops with only light weapons… as it took us to defeat simultaneously the two most modern militaries in the world, across the entire world, over a half-century ago.
And we’ve spent about the same amount of money. In 2009 dollars, WW2 cost $4T.
(Do you see why I have an entire blog against Baby Boomers? Their “leadership” is destroying Western Civilization, and America along with it.)
What is more immoral than sending our kids out to kill and to die in a “war” that the people we vote into office don’t even want to try to win?
What is dumber than an entire political party that constantly demands we go to war – but refuses to win those wars?
What is dumber than an entire political party that insists consequences can never be accepted for bad behavior… like getting your country killed for attacking America?
A trifecta, a hat trick: NOTHING is dumber than our Ruling Class.
Pop Quiz (answers below):
- Did we win WW2 by
- spying on Americans, or
- annihilating our enemies?
- Did we win WW2 by
- refusing to bomb and mortar targets that might have civilians within the blast radius of our munitions, or
- accepting that protecting Americans and freedom, and freeing from tyranny tens of millions of human beings, meant that collateral damage would occur, even though we tried our best to limit it, and we would accept it as the price of freedom from barbarism and tyranny?
- During WW2 did we accept that our national goals, and the defense of Americans, meant
- that the centers of funding, ideology and government of our opponents had to be destroyed – including their ability to feed, clothe, house, and provide medical aid to themselves, and to organize, train and equip forces to fight us – along with the military forces they deployed, or
- that we only needed to destroy their military forces?
- Did we accept that going to war meant
- that our objectives in so doing overrode collateral damage – even though we tried to limit such damage where and when we reasonably could, or
- that our objectives (freeing tens of millions from brutal tyranny) – and the lives of our warriors – were lower in priority than collateral damage to civilian populations?
- Did we, in the midst of war,
- try to raise up armies of Germans and Japanese in liberated territories, and pretend they’d be decent fighters against their countrymen, or
- kill their armies, disarm their populations, and imprison those we captured for the duration of hostilities?
- Did we, as we shot their men and bombed their cities
- provide food and medical aid to our enemies, or
- torpedo their shipping, burn their crops, bomb their water and electric works into oblivion to make their lives hell on earth to get them to surrender and stop the killing?
- And, at the end of that war, were the citizens of Germany and Japan
- Enslaved to brutal, barbaric tyranny, or
- Freer, better-educated, wealthier than they had ever been in the entire history of those countries?
Our government is out of control. The West is marching into oblivion under our abysmal “leadership.” The government we elect is rejecting our rights as Americans, ignoring the Rule of Law, sending our future generations out to kill and die in a war they don’t want to win, and abolishing centuries of what it means to be an American.
And we are letting them and voting for more of the same.
Our government needs to be stopped.
No one from either Progressive wing of the Ruling Class can be elected again if we want to return America to Americans, liberty, freedom and the Rule of Law under the Constitution.
Rand is the only one in Congress making a long-term, principled stand for our Constitution, our nation, ourselves. He may be the only one standing between oligarchic fascism under a Clinton or a Bush, a Rubio or an O’Malley…. and your future liberty and freedom as an American.
But regardless of who wins – America loses unless we take it back to the Rule of Law: The Constitution.
With that document, Americans created the freest, wealthiest nation in history. As we ignore it, we are declining and imperiling our future – and the futures of people everywhere who look out their windows only to see the barbarians at their walls… holding in bloody hands the heads of their children.