In debate, speeches, town halls or other candidate forums, Democrat candidates must be asked serious questions that don’t provide wiggle-room. THEY work for US when elected. Here are ten questions I’d like to hear asked of and answered by Democrats without ambiguity or change-of-subject.
1. Income inequality historically always becomes more pronounced under the policies of your party. Please explain why anyone not wealthy should vote for you, thereby putting themselves even farther behind.
2. In no culture or nation, at any time in history, have centralized control of resources or people led to anything but inefficiency and poverty. Please explain why you think THIS time your party’s centralized control of resources and people (ACA, Dodd-Frank, BLM, EPA, etc.) will be different from all other times in recorded history.
3. Our Constitution defines a government of Separation of Powers, yet your president and party are comfortable with ignoring the Legislative Branch and centralizing all lawmaking under “a pen and a phone.” Please explain why anyone should vote for a person to represent them from a party whose current legislators applauded being called irrelevant in the recent SOTU, and who seem to enjoy and support being overridden by the executive branch. As a follow-on, will you similarly support being overridden by a president of the other party, and if not, why not?
4. The 2nd Amendment has been held twice in the recent past to grant to citizens the individual right, that shall not be infringed, to keep and bear arms. Many legislators from your party, although they have taken an oath to defend that same Constitution of which the 2nd Amendment is a part, have submitted legislation or made speeches in support of infringing that right. Please explain how someone can take an oath to defend the Constitution and simultaneously submit legislation infringing that same Constitution. Or do you believe the oath to be meaningless?
5. All states that have eased gun control laws and regulations have seen a significant decrease in violent crime, an average decrease across those States of 8.5%. Thousands of Americans have not been murdered, raped or robbed in these states because their representative governments have chosen to abide by the Constitution and the Supreme Court. In light of these facts, please tell us why elected officials of your party demand that more Americans be killed, raped and robbed each year in order to disobey the Constitution, ignore their oath of office, and prohibit the natural and individual right of all Americans to protect themselves and their families.
6. The 4th Amendment clearly states that no search of an American, his effects or papers, may be conducted without Due Process, including a warrant specifying exactly the item to be recovered. The 5th Amendment clearly states that no person shall be deprived of liberty without Due Process. Please explain your support of warrantless wiretaps, and of indefinite detention without charges, in light of your oath to support the Constitution. Please do not refer to individual laws, as all laws are subservient to the Constitution. As a follow-on, please tell us which other Constitutional Amendments are irrelevant in your opinion, and why.
7. Article 2 of the Constitution forming the government of which you are or want to be a part, requires the president to faithfully execute the laws. Given the number of times the current president has ignored this duty, please explain why you have not submitted impeachment papers, or, if you are elected to office, your plans for submitting same within the first week of your time in office. If it will aid you in forming your answer, I’d be happy to detail the over 50 times the president has broken this duty and violated the law – often a law he signed – a duty he spent over a billion dollars to assume and to which he twice has given his personal oath. If you do not support holding the president accountable to the Constitution, please tell us how you can take, and simultaneously ignore the oath of office. As a follow-on, should similar actions ignoring the faithful execution of the law be taken by a president of the other party, please explain why or why not you will submit impeachment papers at that time, and the different reasoning supporting that answer.
8. The Constitution which you have taken an oath to, or desire to take an oath to support and defend, does not allow any part of the federal government to deprive a citizen of life, liberty or property without Due Process. Please explain your support of the president’s drone-assassination of American citizens, how it comports with a Constitution clearly prohibiting such action, and why you have not, or will or will not, submit impeachment papers necessary to your duty under your oath of office, immediately on assuming the office you hope to assume. Or, if not submitting those papers, why you think the oath of office is irrelevant to performing your duties under that oath.
9. Article 1 of the Constitution clearly states that the legislative branch is responsible for all lawmaking. Please explain your support for the extra-Constitutional outsourcing of legislative duties to executive branch agencies such as the EPA, BLM, etc., and how unaccountable bureaucrats in the Executive Branch can legitimately pass regulations indistinguishable from law under our Constitutional Republic based on Separation of Powers, and what you will do, in detail, to terminate these abuses of Article 1 should you reach, or be returned to office, returning lawmaking to the representatives of the people. As a follow-on, should you answer that you do not plan to take any of these actions, please explain how your non-action complies with your oath of office.
10. The United States of America was created by the States – who are the senior partners and the federal government they created the junior partner – of a compact we call the Constitution. These States granted to the federal government they created certain specific enumerated powers, leaving all other powers, stated or unstated, to the States as defined in the 9th and 10th Amendments. Please tell us the steps you will be taking immediately on assuming, or returning to office to terminate federal overreach under the Constitution you are spending millions of dollars to support, the legislative path you will take to determine all laws and regulations the federal government has no legitimate power to create or enforce. Will you be addressing each identified violation of the enumerated powers individually, or submit bloc legislation removing all at once, or remove them in groups relative to their areas of illegal governance? As a follow-on, should you not plan to submit legislation to return the 9th and 10th Amendments to relevance, please explain what other Constitutional Amendments you plan to ignore and why, and why, if you do not plan to support the Constitution by following the enumerated powers, anyone should elect you to represent them in our government of, by and for the People under that Constitution.