A couple of points for the GOP leadership as we head into another election season.
The FOUNDATION for GOP in convincing voters in the Center – where elections are won and lost – is understanding – and then publicizing – that, No, both sides do NOT have the same goals in mind, and No, the policies of Left and Right are NOT two different ways to get to the same place. Too many in the Center, and too many young voters with no experience, are under the misimpression that we all have the same goals, just different ideas on how to get there. It is the JOB of the GOP leadership to EDUCATE voters that this is NOT the case:
1. Economic vitality HARMS the Left because it makes people LESS dependent on government. The idea that ALL voters want a more robust economic climate is WRONG. If the Left wanted a better economy, it would not pursue policies that are KNOWN to destroy economies, just as Khrushchev and Brezhnev did not pursue policies to strengthen THEIR economic environment – CONTROL is more important to the Left than economic liberty, jobs and a growing economy; these things create a less-dependent voter and citizen – and a demand for more liberty that the Left can neither abide nor survive. THE GOP MUST EDUCATE VOTERS THAT DEMOCRATS KNOW THEIR POLICIES WEAKEN ECONOMIES – AND THAT DOING SO IS ONE OF THEIR GOALS.
2. Improved education HARMS the Left because it creates a more intelligent, more curios citizen. As literacy spread following Gutenberg – what happened? People began demanding liberty. More education = more demand for liberty. The Left has OWNED education in American since FDR; ALL education is worse now than it was then. If the Left WANTED better education, we’d HAVE better education. It is THAT SIMPLE. A more educated voter pool would create a less-dependent voter and citizen – and a demand for more liberty that the Left can neither abide nor survive. THE GOP MUST EDUCATE VOTERS THAT DEMOCRAT POLICIES HAVE – SINCE THE DEPRESSION – ACTIVELY BLOCKED BETTER EDUCATION – AND THAT DOING SO IS ONE OF THEIR GOALS.
3. The Left CANNOT survive an employed minority population. This is why the economic policies of the Left increase unemployment, increase food stamps, increase welfare, and decrease nuclear families that consequently increase poverty and incarceration rates. Leftist economic policies decrease the labor pool participation and destroy economies of working class neighborhoods. Where are the worst economies? Minority neighborhoods. If minority voters were all employed they would become citizens demanding to keep their earnings and to take care of themselves. This is one of the lessons of history as the West came into liberty and out of serfdom: to keep one’s earnings. A voter pool with higher rates of employment would lower the votes for the Left, and increase the demand for the liberty of keeping one’s earnings. The Left cannot abide nor survive this occurrence. Why do you think the Obamacare campaign by the Left has become one of “freedom” from “joblock,” if not to increase the dependency of voters on big government? THE GOP MUST EDUCATE VOTERS THAT DEMOCRAT POLICIES ACTIVELY DESTROY EMPLOYMENT.
4. Spending by the Left is driven by a total disregard for the future. If you look at fertility rates in Blue States and nations you will find that IN NO INSTANCE IN THE WEST are voters supporting Democrat policies populating the future. Fertility rates for Blue voters are below replacement in Europe, in Japan, in America. Voters in the Center assume that the pain of deficits and debt will be spread equally. IT WILL NOT. ONLY non-Blue voters are having children; ONLY non-Blue voters will be paying the Debt – and suffering the economic catastrophe that is coming. If you have no kids, you couldn’t care less the cost of implementing your policies ON those kids… THE GOP MUST EDUCATE VOTERS THAT THOSE VOTING FOR HUGE SPENDING PROGRAMS ARE NOT POPULATING THE FUTURE GENERATIONS WHO WILL BE PAYING FOR THEM.
5. Voters assume that, since we’ve always had a Debt, and since it is so huge, it really doesn’t matter as no one will be paying it off – ever. In 2013 the interest on the Debt cost our economy $2B PER DAY. It seems to cost about $90,000 to create a job. So Debt servicing RIGHT NOW costs 23,000 jobs NOT being created EVERY SINGLE DAY. THAT is the cost of borrowing. THE GOP MUST EDUCATE VOTERS THAT THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE DEBT – NOT SOME AMORPHOUS FUTURE DATE AT WHICH IT MUST BE REPAID.
The GOP now is doing NONE of these things. Democrats are busily DESTROYING freedom and liberty in America, creating future catastrophes for our nation. They are doing so for the same reason Leftists ALWAYS have done so: Increased control over the lives of the populace. THIS IS THEIR GOAL.
But GOP leadership seems to think it’s OK to play on the field chosen by the Left – it’s “mean” not to spend, “education” is something in which Republicans aren’t interested in, etc… and then going on the defensive with the MSM and Democrat candidates.
The GOP must go on offense, and the above are five major areas in which our GOALS are opposite what Dem goals are – and yet we are not educating the voters on these facts.
Returning liberty and the Rule of Law to America, and creating a bright future REQUIRE the GOP to educate the voters on the above.
GOP: GET ON IT!