Think about Syria this way:
- If Obama really were worried about women & kids in Syria, he’d have done something two years ago when he could have made a difference.
- If Obama really believed in “international norms” he’d tee this up to UNSC and abide by their – international – decision, not wave them off like he did from St Petersburg in true neocon fashion.
- SO… this is demonstrably NOT about “messages” or “international” norms or “kids.”
OK – what IS it about?
- What did he accomplish in Libya? The removal of an authoritarian leader who had kept the philosophical foundation of sunni radical islam (MB) outlawed for decades … and the rise of sunni radical islam… and the deterioration of Libya into two failed states, Libya and Mali, ‘governed’ by… sunni radical islam. (More proof, btw, that this is not about “the kids;” he has said ZIP about the kids in Libya (which he destabilized) or Mali (ditto).
- What did he accomplish in Egypt? The removal of an authoritarian leader who had kept the philosophical foundation of sunni radical islam (MB) outlawed for decades … and the rise of sunni radical islam…
- What did he accomplish in Benghazi? The killing of an ambassador for which he has never even TRIED vengeance or to kill or arrest the perps… and the victory of… stay with me here… sunni radical islam.
- If he punishes Assad sufficiently to get him to change his behavior – what will happen? The removal of an authoritarian leader who has kept the philosophical foundation of sunni radical islam (MB) outlawed for decades… and the rise of sunni radical islam…
Are you seeing a… trend?
So – what is the deal…?
- Is this seeming “embarrassment” for Obama just history catching up with him? A situation in which we are becoming aware that everything he touches in the Middle East turns to Sunni?
- Is Congress smart enough to grasp this? McCain and Graham sure aren’t. His SecState sure isn’t. Is America FINALLY waking-up to this guy? I doubt it. Dems like Pelosi, the CBC and others are SURE that we’re are just attempting to provide a humanitarian response to the use of Chem weaps; they are INCAPABLE of grasping what really is going on because they STILL THINK they have control of the events. THEY DO NOT.
- McCain, Graham and other idiot Republicans are too stupid to grasp this – and so stupid they put themselves in a no-win position: support Obama’s war vote and enable the rise of sunni radical islam and spend another trillion, a few thousand lives (no way this stays in the air), and probably launch AT LEAST a regional war, perhaps WW3 – OR – risk the NY Times headline: “Republicans in Congress Refuse National Security Request from First Black President.” How stupid is THAT? Ask Boehner…
- Obama TOLD us if the wind shifted he’d stand with the muslims. HE TOLD US THIS. Guess what?
- The ONLY way to connect these dots is to acknowledge that Obama’s foreign policy goal is … the rise of sunni radical islam. EVERYTHING he has done, from Israeli settlements to Libya to Egypt to Assad to bowing to the Saudi king… reflects this. EVERYTHING.
So – what is REALLY going on?
Sunni-Shia conflict. The same conflict that has been going on for a thousand years. They don’t care about their kids – they strap BOMBS on them, they murder their own daughters, so forget about THAT as an issue anyone in the theater cares about. Oh! And Obama putting the prestige, the economic and the military power – and moral authority – on the side of… sunni radical islam….
Have we any way to stop it? Sure.
Any conventional way to stop it? Nope.
So – any way we are WILLING to use to stop it? Nope.
Is there ANY American national security issue involved in this? Nope.
Are people going to continue to die in Syria? Yep.
Is that too bad? Yep.
AM I – are YOU – willing to send YOUR kids to die for.. .sunni radical islam? Nope.
Are those being killed in Syria Americans? Not yet.
Can we stop this? See above.
Is anything in this millennia-old conflict between two tribes of one pre-modern cult worth the life of even one American or even one taxpayer dollar? Only if it will change anything for the better. Will it? Nope.
At base, HOW did we get into this mess? Tactically by electing Obama. Strategically by electing Carter. The rise of modern islamist terror dates to Khomeini, of whom Carter said “I can work with this man of God,” and whom TIME magazine put on its cover a Man Of The Year, 1979 (TIME has a red border for a reason, BTW).
Elect a Democrat as president and don’t balance him with a Republican Congress… and what do you get? Khomeini. Inflation. Joblessness… and the rise of sunni radical islam…