Which is the War Party – updated

Yet another columnist in the MSM has decided if we elect an R president, we’ll be going to war.

So I decided to do a partial update of this post from 2008. I’ve linked to it so many times it just keeps aggravating me how few people have ANY grasp of American history – recent or otherwise.

Anyway, here’s the update. You’ll have to go back to the original post for the reference links and tables.

Let’s look at the 19th-21st Centuries thus far, shall we? Which Party (or current Party predecessor) entered which foreign war?

Mexican – D
Spanish American – R
WW1 – D
WW2 – D
Korea – D
Vietnam – D
Gulf-I – R
Afghanistan – R
Iraq – R

So – that’s 5-4 D wars, and all BIG wars = D

OK. Now what percent of American KIA are in wars entered by D? 98.53% (That leaves 1.47% of American KIA from wars entered by R for those counting at home.)

OK? Now let’s look at KIA-per-war-month. Which party kills Americans faster in foreign wars?

KIA/war-month, D = 2,037
KIA/war-month, R = 36 (through 4/19/08)

(Summary: D = 56 TIMES more KIA/war-month than R, again, for those keeping track at home.)

Next let’s look at legal authorization for war or combat. Prior to 1973 the only legal way to go to war was a Congressional Declaration. How’d that work?

WW2 – D – YES
Korea – D – NO
Vietnam – D – NO

Or, starting in 1973, you can go with the War Powers Resolution, passed by Dems in 1973 to stop an R president from ending a D war.

Which Party abides by the WPR in getting permission to commit American troops to hostilities?

Gulf -I – R – YES
Kosovo – D – NO
Iraq – R – YES
Afghanistan – R – YES
Libya – D – NO

So that’s R by 3-0, D 0-2, following the law to commit forces to combat.

And now Panetta says a D president does not need permission from Congress to put American forces into hostilities in Syria so let’s call that:

Syria – D – NO.

Now it’s R: 3-0; D: 0-3.

So history shows that R presidents follow the law on taking America to combat, but Ds do NOT.

But this columnist says, against ALL historical evidence and fact – that electing an R will get us into war.

What’s he smoking?

About Alex Scipio

About Alex Scipio: Alex moved out of the People's Republic of California to the Free State of Arizona, finally tiring of the lack of the Bill of Rights, the overgrown idiocracy, and the catering to non-Americans & welfare recipients. He still wonders how America got from Truman, Eisenhower, and Daniel Patrick Moynihan to the Liberal and Conservative extremes so badly managing America today. And, yes, islam DOES need to be annihilated. And doing what he can to get folks away from the extremes of political life.
This entry was posted in Foreign Policy and International, War and Terrorism. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Which is the War Party – updated

  1. Pingback: In This Dimension » Blog Archive » syria iran egypt al waeda

  2. Alex Scipio says:

    My original post excluded the Civil War for stated reasons. In this post I discuss “foreign wars,” which leaves-out the Civil War. Adding it would make the numbers worse for te Dems (they seceded and attacked), and the numbers for them are bad enough already. I don’t consider removing Noriega a “war.” And various “police actions,” from Nicaraugua to Indonesia to Greece and other locales globally since 1945 don’t rise to the limit, either.

  3. Arch says:

    You could add the Civil war to the list as an “R”. You could all the police action in Nicaragua as an “R”. Seems like we also went into Panama to throw out Noriega under an “R”. Of course, Libya is a “D” (which you list in another table, but not in the first one).

    Some of these are real POS wars, but nevertheless, you should be thorough.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *