Here are my problems with the Libya deal:
1. There was zero national interest for America – we went at the UN and Arab League’s request with not an ounce of input from Congress. Hard to be more anti-Constitutional than that. (Same, BTW, in Uganda right now.)
2. Obama pretended that NATO was in charge. By statute, the military leader of NATO is an American. So only the ignornat would think that by letting NATO run it, the US no longer was.
3. We said at the outset that the goal was not killing khaddafy. Yet when he was killed, we rejoiced: “We came we saw he died… hahahah” (brings a tear of pride to your eye listening to our SecState, doesn’t it?)
4. We spent $800B we don’t have to kill an idiot not bothering us.
5. If the goal was to kill khaddafy – self-evident from Clinton’s hilarity – a sniper team could have been sent in months ago, aced him from a mile away for under $5M, and gone home. Instead we have spent billions of dollars, destroyed hundreds of billions of dollars worth of buildings, roads, cars, trucks, machinery, infrastructure (that their economy will in no way have the resources to fix), and killed thousands of Libyans.
Net? In our foolish adherence to an executive order from Carter (remember him? The guy that let the Islamofascist cat outta the bag to begin with?) that we not use assassination as a policy tool, we have destroyed thousands of people, tens of thousands of lives, billions in infrastructure that cannot be replaced, perhaps permanently damaged NATO, and achieved Shariah in Libya, to the detriment of all non-ruling males. All so we can feel good about ourselves.
A single .50-cal round could have fixed this, and would probably not have led to Shariah. It certainly would not have led to the human and property damage we inflicted to kill a guy just so we could say we weren’t really trying to kill him.
Have we EVER had such pre-adolescents running this government?