My conclusions re: our current overseas deployments.
1) There is NOTHING in the muslim world worth the life of a single American
2) There is NOTHING in the muslim world – a pre-enlightenment, pre-reformation, pre-industrial-revolution world – worth either the life of a single American or the loss of who-knows-what kind of talent and gifts in their offspring that will never be born
3) To willingly send our best and brightest youth into these battles without a clear will to win, without a goal of unconditional surrender, and with Rules of Engagement that prove the enemy civilians are of more worth than our own men and women is immoral beyond imagining
4) If these countries are a threat to America and our freedoms, and if that threat can be ended without the loss of a single American life, having Americans die in some misguided “nation-building” quest – when muslims never stop proving that they don’t care about nations, but only about caliphates, when muslims have not stopped killing one-another for a thousand years – if these countries attack us, they should be completely and utterly destroyed with nuclear weapons at no cost in America blood, and far, far lower cost in American treasure. And, no, cultures that strap bombs to women and children, in which mothers willingly send their little children out to – unknowingly – commit suicide, cultures in which civilians hide terrorists on the way to or from killing Americans, the concept of “innocent civilian” does NOT exist.
5) To send our best & brightest to die to save these muslims from themselves, only to build a “nation” in which apostates are executed (Afghanistan, Kuwait) in complete and total violation of the ideals, precepts and foundations of Western Liberal Democracy, is immoral beyond measure.
6) I fear we are glorifying the military too much. Yes, it is good to have young men and women willing to kill and die for our freedoms. But because our freedoms are not at-stake here, our “leaders” are willingly wasting these eager, patriotic, young American lives. And far, far too many of our youth are learning that any military deployment is to be honored, and not just a worthwhile deployment in defense of our freedoms. We, in this post-industrial age, lack the number of children necessary – and that we had in all prior wars, including Vietnam due to the Boomers – to be able to continue these immoral acts. Losing a son now is tantamount to the end of one’s family line; we just don’t have enough kids to continue to play at-war in an industrial age manner in our post-industrial world. Exchanging bullets with enemy infantry is just crazy.
7) If Congress and the President don’t believe strongly enough in the objective to formally declare war, the military has no business deploying at the whim of an executive, essentially becoming a Palace Guard. If the goal isn’t worthy of a Declaration of War, it is not worthy of American lives.
It is time to come home. If they attack us again – nuke the bastards. If they attack again, keep nuking until they stop, or are extinct.
Let me repeat:
THERE IS NOTHING IN THE MUSLIM WORLD WORTH THE LIFE OF ONE SINGLE AMERICAN OR HIS OR HER OFFSPRING. PERIOD.