From May 27 Wall Street Journal; Cap and Trade in Congress = $2.8 Trillion of new taxes. If you think you – and your kids – can stand trillions of dollars of taxes, you should support this huge Democrat program.
On the other hand, if you realize that
• the planet has been COOLING since 1998
• that the temperature dropped 0.7 degrees C last year (fastest temperature drop in history)
• that sunspot activity is at its lowest since the late 18th Century (which gave us decades of enormously cold winters and defeated Napoleon in Russia)
• and that the planet has been MUCH WARMER in the past 600 years than it is now (its discoverer’s did not name it Greenland because it had miles of ice on top of it)
without any of the absurdly catastrophic effects of Al Gore & Co., and that:
• 100 real climate scientists petitioned the UN IPCC (that’s as opposed to the 2,500 “scientists” of Al Gore fame, which included a gynecologist, a hotel manager, two landscape architects, and ONE Climate scientist) recently that the summary report (the part the media read) was not what the report detail supported
• and that 31,072 American scientists, including 9,021 PhDs, have signed a Global Warming Petition which says, in part, “There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the earth’s climate.”
• And if you consider that the head of climatology at MIT thinks it is nonsense,
then you may want to be aware of the proposed Democrat legislation that will ensure a reduction in your children’s standard of living by between $1T and $2.8T (EPA estimates).
This kind of nonsense based on the idiocy of a Divinity School dropout (Al Gore) is insane. And, yes, it really does matter now because these lunatics in Congress, who have done approximately nothing since they took over Congress, now want to have the government basically set prices for everything produced and consumed through this nonsensical Cap & Trade idiocy. And there are still those who wonder about the dream of a command economy by Democrats.
This is socialism, GDP reduction, poverty-inducing Big-government legislation at its worst. And it will affect your children. To say nothing of your own retirement. Of course a command economy worked out well for the Soviets, right? And the Left supported them.
What is it about the Left always wanting to institute policies that have failed everywhere they have been tried?