From today’s WSJ. If you think you – and your kids – can stand trillions of dollars of taxes, you should support this huge Democrat program.
On the other hand, if you realize that:
• the planet has been COOLING since 1998
• that sunspot activity is at its lowest since the late 18th Century (which gave us decades of enormously cold winters and defeated Napoleon in Russia)
• and that the planet has been MUCH WARMER in the past 600 years than it is now (its discoverer’s did not name it Greenland because it had miles of ice on top of it) – and no, Manhattan wasn’t underwater
• 100 real climate scientists petitioned the UN IPCC (that’s as opposed to the 2,500 “scientists” of Al Gore fame, which included a gynecologist, a hotel manager, two landscape architects, and ONE Climate scientist) recently that the summary report (the part the media read) was not what the report detail supported
• and that 31,072 American scientists, including 9,021 PhDs, have signed a Global Warming Petition which says, in part, “There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the earth’s climate.”
• And if you consider that Dr. Richard Lindzen, the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at MIT, who helped write the ful lIPCC report , helped write the IPCC report from which the alarmist summary – the only part read and reported on by the media (and written by government officals, not climate scientists) was not taken (ather it seems to have been made from whole cloth), thinks the argumets for anthropogenic warming are nonsense
…then you may want to be aware of the proposed Democrat legislation that will ensure a reduction in your children’s standard of living by between $1T and $2.8T (EPA estimates).
This kind of nonsense based on the idiocy of a Divinity School dropout (Al Gore) is insane.
And, yes, it really does matter now because these lunatics in Congress, who have done approximately nothing since they took over Congress, now want to have the government through this nonsensical Cap & Trade idiocy basically set prices for everything produced, tranported and consumed in the United Satets.
And there are still those who wonder about the dream of a command economy by Democrats.
This is socialism, GDP reducing, poverty-inducing Big-government legislation at its worst. And it will affect your children. To say nothing of your own retirement. Of course a command economy worked out well for the Soviets, right? And the Left supported them.
What is it about the Left always wanting to institute policies that have failed everywhere they have been tried?